Clinical Practice Guidelines
Your organization develops, adopts, or adapts clinical practice guidelines to support decisions about the management of individual patients. You are part of the team responsible for the creation or selection of these guidelines. You want guidelines that are relevant, trustworthy, valid, easy to use, and adjustable to individual patient needs. How do you begin?
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) and the Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) have identified standards and key components for Clinical Practice Guidelines. You will need to incorporate the essential elements of these standards into your guideline development process.
TheEvidenceDoc can help you develop your own process for the development or adoption of trustworthy guidance for:
Clinical decision support, quality improvement and measurement, patient safety & HIT content.
You can contract with TheEvidenceDoc to do the work or show you how your can do it yourself.
- How-to training to develop your own process including
- Customized training in the standards, why they are important, and how to incorporate them into your process
- Customized training in systematic review, that includes how you can recognize key features of quality systematic review
- Custom process design by TheEvidenceDoc if you prefer to outsource
- Review of your process or guideline products against current standards to be sure you qualify for inclusion in the G-I-N and NGC databases
You can also enroll in the upcoming webinar series on Guidance for Good Guidelines or purchase the supporting text and workbook.
You can contact TheEvidenceDoc for a complimentary consultation. No project is too big or too small. Tell me your challenge to learn options for customized solutions. I want to help.