You want to improve healthcare quality without exhausting staff and resources. Do you know how to use evidence to make that happen?
You want to embed evidence based guidance and clinical decision support into your organization. Do you know how to select or develop guidelines and decision support that are based on sound evidence?
You need an experienced guide. You need someone who can unlock the data and the evidence you need about what works and is safe. Much of that data is locked inside the printed reports of scientific studies. You need someone who can unlock that data by decoding the study findings into usable evidence.
Dr Ireland has over 35 years of experience and is respected as a national adviser on the application of evidence based methods to health care quality. She has served on several National Quality Forum (NQF) and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Steering Committees and Technical Panels. She is peer reviewer for several major medical journals including JAMA Internal Medicine, Annals of Internal Medicine, Annals of Family Medicine and CHEST. She has been an invited presenter at international conferences including the Guidelines International Network and EvidenceLive in Oxford. She has developed and delivered novel training programs and webinars for a wide variety of learners - from nursing and medical students to practicing clinicians and administrators.
Dr. Ireland is a developer of new methods in research synthesis. She is a co-developer of the DART tool used by medical specialty society and hospital and healthcare organizations to evaluate the quality of systematic reviews.
Dr Ireland brings innovation and expertise in evidence based methods to your organization. She's an experienced guide who can lead you on your best path to evidence based care improvement.
- Creator of Meta ∫ Evidence ™ - an educational program that shows how to incorporate evidence based methods into quality improvement programs
- Developer of evidence based guidelines, policies, and training for others wanting to do the same
- Adapter of national guidelines for healthcare system implementation, point of care reference, and clinical decision support tools
- National adviser to AHRQ technical panels and Evidence based Practice Centers
- Committee member - National Quality Forum
- Peer reviewer for major medical journals
- Co-developer of the Documentation and Appraisal Review Tool (DART) for Systematic Review
- Invited presenter at international conferences including Guidelines International Network and EvidenceLive
- Published author of numerous clinical epidemiology studies including comparative effectiveness and outcomes research
- Developer and presenter of numerous educational programs in evidence based medicine and epidemiology in medical schools, healthcare systems and medical publishing house.